Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's Blog Hop Time!!!!


Hello Ladies!!! Most of you have been working your way through the Canada Day blog hop starting at Princess Paper Projects. If you are starting at another one of the six talented ladies in our blog hop or maybe even this one you can get to any of the other blogs on our Canadian Hop at the bottom of this post.




Ok now on with the fun stuff :) I decided I would make a Canada Day Celebration scrapbook layout for you today. If you like it make sure to leave a comment and become a follower if you are already a follower just indicate that in your comment and make sure to leave a way to get in touch with you. I will be doing a draw for some blog candy!!! That's right I'm giving away blog candy so be sure to leave a comment about my layout, blog or even about today's blog hop and you could be the lucky winner. The deadline is July 4th at midnight, and I will be doing the draw in the morning. If you win you will receive a H2O zig water blender pen, a soloz acrylic "hello darling" stamp, a pack of cutter bee piercing bugs and a container of summer dayz chipboard cut outs. :)

When I think of Canada Day I think of course fireworks high in the sky so my layout is just that. I used a cricut to cut out a city sky line and some fireworks and this is what I came up with. Hope you like it!! Details of what I used and measurements are found below.


Paper: Brazzil Great Lakes Blue, Avalanche White, Black and Red


Cricut Carts: Plantin School Book, Lyrical Letters and Wild Card


Markers and Tools used: SU Summer Sun Marker, Black Fine Tip, Cricut Expession, and Zig glue pen


Embellishments: MS Glitter Emerald Green, Garnet Red, Silver, Purple and Blue


Directions: I started off by cutting the sky line from Plantin School Book in Black at 11 1/4" and with the fit to length button on. Then I cut out in white the shadow of the skyline but I put it down to 11" still with the fit to length button on.




After using my zig to glue them together I used a yellow marker to fill in the windows to make it look like lights.



I cut out white and red at 4 1/4" x 6 1/4" and put dashes and dots all around the edges with a fine tip pen for where the photos will go on the page.




I cut out a maple leaf from red on the Wild Card Cart at 4" and my letters on the Lyrical Letters cart at 3 1/4" on the jacksprat font feature and put dashes all around the edges and went along the lines that where on the maple leaf.


I cut out the fireworks on the Lyrical Letters cart on the Jacksprat feature at 2 3/4", 3 1/2" and at 3 1/4". I also wanted an I for my title so I used a firework, I cut it out on the Wild Card cart and cut them at 6". After they where all cut I used my zig to glue glitter on them . I love Glitter!!

Well I hope you enjoyed my project and maybe you will visit my blog again. Don't forget to leave a comment and visit all the other ladies involved in today's blog hop. Thanks for visiting!!

25 comments:

  1. Love all the "hand" work you have done on this LO! The Summer Sun in the windows is adorable! And the doodle around the mats tooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is absolutely beautiful. You did SOOOOO much with the details on it. Thanks again for joining us on this blog hop.

    ~ Hugs, Heather ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your layout. all the detailing is beautiful. i am a follower of your blog.

    iko.linda@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda I ditto all the above comments! I am not a scrapbooker but your layout is gorgeous, just waiting for todays pictures. Enjoy the celebration.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that city skyline! Happy Canada day! (chaucer939 via gmail)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idead. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Canada Day! Your layout is great, thank you for sharing and I am a follower...
    Stop over and visit my blog at,
    http://cheryl-gibson.blogspot.com
    tcbbgibson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thanks for showcasing all of your hard work. It will really make your Canda Day pictures stand out even more. Thanks for the fun blog hop. I enjoyed being able to see the excitement through your projects. Now I have to get ready for our big celebration this Sunday.
    Happy Canada Day!
    Thanks!!
    Jess
    myscrapdiary(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the skyline! Great work!

    (don't include me in your draw)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, so beautiful, gives me lots of ideas for the pages to make for our 4th of July photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love finding fellow Canadian bloggers and I love it even more when they do scrapbook layouts! The cards have been taking over lately and I am always looking for scrapbook inspiration! I am now a follower and look forward to coming back to check our blog out often. I also posted a Canada Day layout today on my blog. I would love for you to check it out! http://creativeprincess-homemadehappiness.blogspot.com/
    Happy Canada Day and enjoy the fireworks tonight!
    thecreativeprincess at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool... love your layout...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout!! I LOVE how you coloured the windows yellow. I am going to have to remember that one! I love those dashes and dots too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great idea for a layout! I love the fireworks!
    Hope you had a great Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Canada Day from beautiful British Columbia! What a wonderful layout - I love all your detailing, so effective! Thanks also for sharing how to's.

    sucor_2 at hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the little fireworks, there is actually some going off outside right now.

    This was a fun blog hop! All the ladies are very talented, and hope you all had a Happy Canada Day.

    (trouble_is_mine@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing skyline you created! Such attention to detail! Happy Canada Day from SW of High River, Alberta!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the skyline, that is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you ladies for all of your kind words..I appreciate it, I really enjoyed being included in this blog hop and look forward to the next one.

    Thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all of your detail in this LO. Happy Canada Day!
    Angi
    cokiepop@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful layout! I especially like the window you drew in and all the other little details you drew in. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice LO. Love the skyline. Just became a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic layout! I love the glitter fireworks and the skyline. Great work =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful layout! Great fireworks. I am now a follower. Thanks for sharing my fellow Canadian neighbour.

    ReplyDelete